Monday, February 3, 2014

Ok, so... here's the plan

My students have had the iPads in their hands a few times now.   My students love to help each other out and show each other their discoveries. I find what works best is to have the students sit in a circle on the carpet with me in the middle.  That way I can trouble shoot and be close at hand to make sure students are following iPad procedures.  The sitting at the carpet thing also reduces the distance that an iPad can drop to the ground.  At this point it is a trust thing.  The students need to earn my trust with these expensive pieces of equipment before I give them more freedom.

Here are some of the lessons that I have taught them
  • How to "wake up" and put the iPod "to sleep"
  • How to take a screen shot
  • How to write a note
  • How to open apps
Here is the plan...
 
We are going to start off very simple.

A.M.  Students will get on the iPads in small groups in lieu of morning work.

P.M.  Students will be split into three groups and work in rotation/stations.  The Ipad will be one station.  

I will talk in further posts about the apps that we will be using.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to share this amazing new way of teaching our children. Fun, concise and helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...