Wednesday, May 27, 2015

#edblogaday Day 27: After an entire school year of building relationships, how do you let go?


Sorry, I could not resist :)  I use this as a brain break in my class sometimes.  I love to hear kids sing.

Ok so the question is "After an entire school year of building relationships, how do you let it go?"

Quick answer:  I don't

In previous years I have always seen my "babies" come and visit me the next year.  I never really had to let go of them until 5th grade graduation.  This year was tough because all of by "babies" of years past are in a different city.  I hope my "babies" this year will say hello to me next year.  After that they will be off to middle school.

  I have this picture in my head of walking though the mall one day and a tall elegent girl walks up to me and says "Hey Mrs. Cissel, remember me, I was in your 4th grade class.  You were always my favorite teacher.  Meet my 3rd grade son, he wants to be in your class next year."

A girl can dream can't she...

Ok serious answer:

You have to let go sometime.  You have to say to yourself "I have taught them all they need to know" and let them fly.  They might come back and say hello and you might never see them again.  Point is, you did your job.  Hold your head up high and watch them soar.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...