Tuesday, May 5, 2015

#edblogaday Day 5: #TeachingIs ??????

Teaching is...

The first word that came to my mind is "hard".  Teaching is hard.

I was in a resturant, waiting for my table, and I overheard a young girl telling her mother that she was going to be entering the college of education at her university.  Immediately my brain told her (if I had that ability to tell other people's brains things...wow) "DON'T DO IT!!!".  I fear that when young college students think Education they think...

Teaching is...


When in reality often times...

Teaching is...


Especially at the end of the year those words "hard" "testing" and "accountability" get bigger and bigger.

I will get burned out, disheartened and disillusioned if I allow myself to think this way.

I must remember my purpose.  I must remember my ultimate goal.  Teaching is waiting, watching, and willing LEARNING to grow! (yeah I've been teaching alliteration, not a great example but hey you get my point)


This leads me into my student Wahoo of the day.  J is a student who tries her best everyday.  She impresses me with her stamina.  I think sometimes she would describe learning as HARD, but she tries anyway and never gives up.

Check out her American Revolution Project





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...