Saturday, June 27, 2015

What is Pinnacle?

I know that not all of the people that read my blog are from the same area, so I thought I would take this opportunity to explain something that I will be talking a lot about. The program is called Pinnacle. It is essentially an educational technology professional development group. In order to be a part of Pinnacle, I had to go through a rigorous application process.  Once my application was accepted, I was observed and interviewed.  I was so excited to hear that I was accepted into the program.

 The purpose of the group is to develop educational technology leaders who will take their learning back to their schools, throughout the county and even to others in the state and beyond. Last week (officially the first week of summer break, but not for us) I participated in four days of intense professional development which I have written about in previous posts. I learned about the importance of being a connected educator, tips and tricks of using twitter, what Andragogy means, how to gamify learning, SMAR & TPACK strategies, how to flip the classroom, and the importance of project based learning. We got lots of goodies, like a laptop and and iPad.  For our classrooms we were given the choice between iPads and Chromebooks.  It was so much fun to unwrap 20 iPads (ten for my class and 10 buddy iPads)  We learned a lot of information, and it was hard to take in all at once. We have two days in August to look forward to as well.

 The more I process what I have learned, the more excited I am about using the skills and strategies in the classroom. The best part about Pinnacle was the camaraderie. Thirty-three creative, innovative, and positive educators, collaborating together to help our students learn. I look forward to working with this group for three years. I can't wait to see where we are three years from now. I am incredibly thankful to all of the people who encouraged me to join Pinnacle. See this article on the district web page for more information.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you joined too - It is great making such wonderful teacher friends :)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...