Thursday, July 9, 2015

Getting ready... Yes I know it is only July 9th

My New Classroom-First attempt at a panaramic picture.  A little Picasso-ish but you get the gist.

Every year I get antsy during July about the upcoming school year.  Yes I know I am crazy.  I should be relaxing and enjoying myself.  I am a person who thrives on schedules and planned events but God did not give me the talent of scheduling and planning myself.  School provides the structure I need.  During the summer, I rest for a few weeks and then I start to crave the structure again.

So, I thought I would share with you my preparation for this coming 2015-2016 school year.

My first resource I would like to share is the Teacher Control Journal by FlyLady.  If you struggle sometimes with housekeeping, FlyLady is your go-to resource.  She provides a very clear cleaning schedule and de-cluttering schedule that helps you keep your sanity.  FlyLady recognized that teachers needed help too so she created the Teacher Control Journal.  Basically it is a binder system that helps a teacher get started for the year, organize everyday tasks, and tackle uniquely educational clutter.

I started this year by making my to do list for the start of the year.  You can access the FlyLady's Control Journal here.  I would encourage you to make it your own (this is what I did).  You can see my personalized Control Journal here.  It is a work in progress so it will change.  Feel free to make a copy and personalize it for yourself.  I will keep you updated on my school year prep.

What are you doing to prep. for the new school year?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...